Since starting this whole “DIVERSITY IN MANGA” movement in 2013, we’ve been amazed at the growth that both our brand (and magazine) as well as our mission have experienced.
It wasn’t always easy but it has worked and here we are with creators from all around the world, fans from all around the world, 90 issues, 1 spinoff, and six graphic novels and we’re STILL NOT DONE.
Whew (feel tired just typing that…!)
In 2018, we’ve attended a number of conventions in the United States and met many of our fans. From CLEVELAND to PORTLAND to PHILADELPHIA, Saturday AM has been honored to work with WIZARDWORLD to meet our fans throughout the USA. The WIZARDWORLD shows have enabled us to interact with a variety of of manga and amateur comic book enthusiasts via a number of FUN panels. PITCHING COMICS, BATTLING OUR ARTISTS, and LEARNING ABOUT DIVERSITY have all been incredibly cool opportunities but we’re NOT DONE!
Our next stop will be in CHICAGO and will feature a NUMBER of our TOP ARTISTS:
- ANDREA VOROS – creator of SAIGAMI
- JEYODIN – creator of HAMMER
- MORGANNE WALKER – creator of SOUL BEAT
- ANTHONY JACKSON and BERAT LJUMANI – creator of MUTTON CHOP
- TONY DAWKINS – creator of TITAN KING
- ROBERT BURHANS – creator of YASUKE, BLACK SAMURAI
We expect MORE CREATORS to join us but for now what we can say is that we will have MANY PANELS:
- PITCH SESSIONS – our POPULAR YOUTUBE SHOW will continue with additional reviews of amateur comic pitches.
- FIRE ART LEAGUE BATTLES – WIN PRIZES when YOU FACE OFF with OUR artists as they duel against each other in LIVE QUICK DRAW BATTLES sponsored by Plasq’ COMIC DRAW.
- AUTOGRAPHS – Signings for SAIGAMI Vol. 1 and 2 and MUTTON CHOP amongst others.
- DIVERSITY IN MANGA – learn why DIVERSITY is important to comics and pop culture and how you can successfully utilize it within your own works.
- GROWING YOUR BRAND – how Saturday AM has grown into a variety of media and what we have next including our Animation and App plans.
- And more!
Will we attend more shows?
Time will tell but we DO GET REQUESTS about shows here in our Base of Operations – North Carolina.
We’ve really been happy to see the growth in the CONS here in NC. ANIMAZEMENT, NC COMICON, GREENSBORO COMICON, OAK CITY COMICON, WIZARD WORLD WINSTON SALEM, and RALEIGH SUPERCON are really becoming insanely huge, well-run shows. That said, the grand daddy of them all, HEROESCON is another EXCELLENT showcase for large and small creators and publishers.
We’re hoping to attend them all in 2019 but please LET US KNOW (and THEM) WHAT SHOWS YOU’D LIKE US TO ATTEND!!