One of the reasons Frederick L. Jones started MYFUTPRINT and its’ lines: manga magazine SATURDAY AM, manga webcomics AFTERNOON WEB-X, original ebooks WEL/RED and soon to be–a second manga magazine SATURDAY PLUS — was because of what the world of both e-commerce and crowd funding meant for new creative voices. It was no longer a reality that promising talent could so easily be shut out of a chance for success or discovery because of their race, gender, language or nationality.
After 16 issues of our own digital magazine anthology we launched our first KICKSTARTER project for a chance to crowd fund an actual physical print book. That project, SATURDAY WARS, is exposing us to many other creators and fans who would never have discovered us before. Kickstarter has given many artists and creators around the world (just like us) the opportunity to share their passion and showcase everything from movies to comics to apparel.
We, at Saturday AM, have decided to start a new blog series where we highlight Kickstarter campaigns we have found that excited our inner fanboy.
We call this….Kickstart Your Week
- PROJECT: GLOW IN THE DARK POSTER
- NAME: ROBOT REVOLT
- ARTIST: JODY WILLIAMS, is seeking funds for printing the posters. Not only is the design of the posters awesome
- PRICE: $4,750
- TIME LEFT: 43 hours?? (HURRY FOLKS)
- INFO: www.jodywilliams.com
- WHY KICK IT? The glow in the dark element is very cool! Plus, the large size puts this project in a very nice atmosphere presentation for anybody’s home or studio.
Here are images to show $4,the day and night look of the poster:
Support the Robot Revolt Kickstarter campaign at
Know some other deserving Kickstarter campaigns?? Tell us at:
By Kasey Michael-–a lover of all things entertainment. Born and bred in North Carolina, she can usually be found in front of a screen.