WANT TO BE A MANGA CREATOR w/ US?
TEST FLIGHT RULES FOR JULY 2014
- A Cover image (either a chapter cover or a mock-up of a Saturday AM cover) featuring your original story idea.
- Three full-color character designs (can be heroes, villains and/or supporting character) from your original story idea.
- One complete turnaround featuring one of the full color character designs.
- A. Two pages of b/w inked sequential artwork with one page focused on a key scene of your choosing from your manga where characters talk and convey an emotion (happiness, sadness and anger) at a normal place like a coffee shop, a park, walking down a street.
- B. Two pages of b/w inked sequential artwork with one page focused on a key scene of your choosing from your manga where characters fight one another—an action scene that features an-action-packed moment between one of your characters and enemies which may include one of your bad guys (or could be someone new).
- Written proposal that focuses on a PITCH from your manga (see the Writer’s Logic within Pilot Manga Submission group) as well as detailed character descriptions (paragraphs) of each key character (heroes, villains and supporting characters) and finally the back-story and plot for the overall 1st arc of the series (paragraphs).
- 1-page written document that focuses on your expectation of the audience age, gender and genre goals of your potential fanbase as well as the Story concept and the story arcs planned for 6 months.
Again, this is YOUR MANGA idea. This must be original and NOT some DBZ, TMNT or any rip-off idea of existing popular properties.
ALL CONTENT must be uploaded to either Dropbox account (share w/ us at info@saturday-am) or upload as a FILE FOLDER under the PILOT MANGA GROUP.
We will be judging your concept on the following parameters:
- Quality of art (i.e. figure work, layout, draftsmanship, inking)
- Ability to tell a story (both visually and via story measures)
Please address your questions to the PILOT Manga group on Facebook!
Deadline, July 31st, 2014.
The Winner will be selected in the first week of August 2014.