EVERYONE LAUGHS -- TEST FLIGHT JUNE
First of all, thanks for checking out our MAY TEST FLIGHT LIVE WINNER REVEAL!
We had some AWESOME ENTRIES FROM TALENTED NEW POWER HOUSES LIKE WILLIAM BRODIE, who was our winner for the TEST RUN while our TEST FLIGHT had winning entries including LUQMAN OTUTULERO.
WE ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE IDEA THAT WE ARE GETTING AMAZING NEW AMATEUR TALENT WITHIN OUR PILOT MANGA INITIATIVE!!
- Entries due by June 1st. 11:59pm EST
- All pages must be PDF including written documentation (!!)
- Share via Dropbox (www.dropbox.com) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- PLEASE READ/ FOLLOW Please arrange your dropbox files in a folder (no ZIP FILES) where each file is clearly name "cover" or "sequentialpg1" and then name your folder "TEST FLIGHT JUNE 2015 - YOURNAME" Guys--these are mandatory--we will reject proposals we can't find whether you sent it or not.
- PREFERRED GENRES: COMEDY, 4-KOMA, MECH
- DISALLOWED GENRES: Any genre is accepted
- One 4-KOMA sequence that must include a comedy a bit for your characters from this story -- must be 4 to 6 panels.
- 3 pages of sequential art (featuring either an action scene or a scene with characters talking --all MUST HAVE backgrounds).
- 3 turnarounds (one of the main character and second of villain and third of your secondary character i.e. love interest, side-kick)-- you determine who is the main character and villain -- always structure on the most interesting design as that's what we're looking for.
- 1 cover of your potential volume of manga (will be looking at your logo and design)
- 1 banner ad 728 x 90 -- add the copy that would "sell your comic"
- PITCH -- please provide one -- Read our WRITER's LOGIC if unsure.
- Answer these three of these questions along with a written synopsis of your manga webcomic story (explain your comic in 5 sentences or less).
- What work influenced you to become a manga/ webcomic creator?
- What steps will you take to succeed as a manga/ webcomic creator?
- What is the one thing that bothers you about the webcomic industry?
- Which line best fits your concept: Saturday AM, Afternoon Web-X and/or Saturday PLUS?
- If you could get someone to help you write, draw or provide editorial assistance -- which would you seek?
- What work do you currently follow now: (choose an answer for each -- answers can include NONE) - MOVIE; ANIME; MANGA; COMICBOOK; VIDEOGAME; NOVEL