It’s that time again!
It’s TESTING TIME….
TEST FLIGHT RETURNS for MAY and we have some BRAND-NEW RULES!
So, for the uninitiated — this is NOT TEST RUN.
PILOT Manga’s TEST FLIGHTS are a unique competition for SERIOUS AMATEUR MANGA WEBCOMIC CREATORS.
The average creator (either team and/or single individual) will submit up to 15 pages of art that focus on some combination of sequential art, illustration(s), character profiles and presentation. Furthermore, there is a written component that demonstrates the plot/ characters and plans for this concept.
Make no mistake — This is HARDER (MUCH HARDER) than TEST RUN.
It is the only surefire way to ACTUALLY GET BOTH — SOLID CRITIQUES and PUBLICATION within MyFutprint’s lines of digital/ webcomics.
In all cases, YOU OWN YOUR WORK — hence why you must become a part of PILOT Manga to enter.
If you want to tell your story your way — there are many other sites to go to. We exist to provide a platform for the style of action-based, progressive storytelling that is found in titles like APPLE BLACK, BULLY EATER, SAIGAMI, SPOON and more!
This is serious — hard hitting stuff and the level of competition has only gotten stronger since we launched last July. Just check out our YOUTUBE CHANNEL for the HOURS of video we’ve posted (they’ve gotten great viewership and reviews as well) on amateur webcomics — NO ONE has that level of in-depth discussion, review.
- Entries due by May 2nd. 11:59pm EST
- All pages must be PDF
- Share via Dropbox (www.dropbox.com) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- PLEASE READ/ FOLLOW Please arrange your dropbox files in a folder (no ZIP FILES) where each file is clearly name “cover” or “sequentialpg1” and then name your folder “TEST FLIGHT MAY 2015 – YOURNAME” Guys–these are mandatory–we will reject proposals we can’t find whether you sent it or not.
- ALLOWED GENRES: Horror, Action, Romantic, Comedy
- DISALLOWED GENRES: SCI-FI, MECH, FANTASY (i.e. Final Fantasy)
- 5 pages of sequential art (featuring two scenes — one with action sequence; another with a scene of tension –can be either romantic, horror “got you” moment, comedic moments and so on). You decide the page count for each scene out of 5 pages.
- 2 turnarounds (one of the main character and second of villain)– you determine who is the main character and villain — always structure on the most interesting design as that’s what we’re looking for.
- 1 cover of your potential volume of manga (will be looking at your logo and design)
- 1 banner ad 728 x 90 — add the copy that would “sell your comic”
- PITCH — please provide one — Read our WRITER’s LOGIC if unsure.
- Answer these three of these questions along with a written synopsis of your manga webcomic story (explain your comic in 5 sentences or less).
- What work influenced you to become a manga/ webcomic creator?
- What steps will you take to succeed as a manga/ webcomic creator?
- What is the one thing that bothers you about the webcomic industry?
- Which line best fits your concept: Saturday AM, Afternoon Web-X and/or Saturday PLUS?
- If you could get someone to help you write, draw or provide editorial assistance — which would you seek?
- What work do you currently follow now: (choose an answer for each — answers can include NONE) – MOVIE; ANIME; MANGA; COMICBOOK; VIDEOGAME; NOVEL
ALL ENTRIES RECEIVE A FREE BASIC SUBSCRIPTION to SATURDAY AM and WINNER WILL RECEIVE EITHER ORIGINAL PIECE OF ART OR NEW T-SHIRT! ONLY ONE WINNER WILL BE ALLOWED.